Ethar Universal Phonetic Shorthand and QWERTY Stenography materials & introduction
Early adopter special: SALE PRICE for the very first 30 offers only!
(You are seeing this page before practically anyone.)
I have invented a universal phonetic alphabet that can function both as a handwritten shorthand and also a stenography speed typing hack that works for any QWERTY keyboard. Allowing you to record your ideas and write faster in either medium.
There is a ~30% reduction of characters for English, and >45% for French. Being a universal phonetic script, you can switch between languages seemlessly in the same document.
It is not as fast as bespoke shorthands, or law court stenography. But it is the only one that combines both categories, yet it is easier to learn than either one, let alone two systems. Characters are resistant to sloppy doctor hand-writing (because that was a personal design constraint, hah), thus distinct and clear. The sequence of learning the alphabet teaches you the mapping of the phonemes on a QWERTY keyboard, and it can be read easily in any latin font.
For full details there is a github page maintained for just the open-source components, which is only the characters and phonetics, with no instruction.
But this product is a lifetime subscription to the educational materials and conversion application as they develop. You're either the type of person who wants to scoop this deal while you can, or you really want to be engaged in the development process itself. If you are going to buy but never going to open my email updates, please leave this deal for someone who's truly excited.
What this includes:
- PDF of Ethar Universal Phonetic script documentation
- detailed drawing instructions of each character
- memorable rules and tips for memorisation
- practice exercises
- The original hand-written font, or a serif/handwritten font after designed
- First custom Sans font of alphabet
- Markdown compatible QWERTY stenography translation utility program (release scheduled for 02021)
- Plaintext English <> Ethar phonemic shorthand
- Optional: Welcome call 25 minutes
- a real time introduction to the project for personalized tips/advice/answers
- an inquiry on your usecase, so that we can help guide development and features.
- Access to all future versions of these features (Early adopter life time subscription deal only)
Phase 1 started February 02016, finished August 02019. First showing (art poster) October 02019.
Project page on Omniglot ((status: submitting))
Github page for the open-source components (alphabet glyphs, phonetic mappings. NOT the stenography methods, mappings or code): https://github.com/1nfn8zr0/ethar-universal